Who we are
Medical-artist.com is a medical illustration creative agency based in Surrey in the UK. We are a team of trained specialists in the creation of medical and anatomical art and medical visuals. Ready to work with clients with the objective to create high impact medical art and illustration and medical animation services for a range of purposes to suit each client brief.
Who do we work for
We work for the publishing, health, medical and science industries:
- Medical device & pharmaceutical companies
- Medical education & medical marketing agencies
- Surgeons, clinicians & hospitals & NHS
- Universities and not-for-profit organisations
- Publishing organisations
- Private companies and businesses
Why we do what we do
Medical illustration and medical visuals have a definitive purpose to aid the communication and education of complex medical content and to convey important concepts. Through the application of art and our training in anatomy our goal is to enable clients to come to us with a written brief and work with them to produce illustrations, drawings, animations in order to enhance, promote, educate any type of medical communication or advertising needs to targeted audiences.
We do what we do because it fulfils these following industry needs:
- To gain a patient’s consent
- Visuals for anatomy teaching and education
- To advertise medical, health, science products and consumables
- Explanation of surgical procedures
- Patient education visuals such as how to take pills, learn about flu symptoms
- Visuals to enhance medical and scientific written documentation
- Visuals to be used in anatomy and science publishing
- Illustrations used to supersede photography when its hidden anatomy beneath the skin
- Creation of medical devices visuals for promotion before they have been manufactured using CAD files
- Explanation of medical procedures to solve cultural and language restraints because they are pictures and not words
- Improvement of patient and consumer engagement through the provision of graphics and animations
- Provide a method to communicate complex medical or scientific data in an easy to understand format
- Provide a method of communication that can target a range of audiences from young to old, with those with no prior medical knowledge to those with expert knowledge
- 3D virtual reality animations when a higher level of patient engagement is required
How we work
As a team we work on a huge variety of projects. On the large projects it is properly planned starting with the requirements gathering phase, with detailed proposals and project planning that ensures delivery to deadlines on time and on budget.
With anatomically trained artists we are able to create medical illustrations as drawn from scratch storyboards starting with pencil sketches that are tailored and unique to each project and importantly the communication message.
Over the years our bank of existing illustrations has grown so we can supply illustrations for immediate licensing or we can adapt illustrations to suit a clients brief to meet tight deadlines and budgets.
Our process is we make full use of our fully equipped medical illustration studio providing the technical backup for each project, including having a library of reference and research material with high resolution scanning and printing equipment.
We are about providing high end visual delivery along-side quality customer service. We are well prepared to keep up with the fast moving developments in technology so we can meet ever evolving customer needs. We pride ourselves in being able to take ‘any client brief’ and find a clever solution to deliver fantastic visual results, on time and on budget.