Who we are
Medical-artist.com is a medical illustration creative agency based in Surrey in the UK. We are a team of medical illustrators trained in the creation of medical and anatomical art and medical visuals. Ready to work with clients with the objective to create high impact medical art and medical illustration and medical animation services for a range of purposes to suit each client brief.
Who do we create medical art for
We work for the publishing, health, medical and science industries such as:
- Medical device companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Medical education agencies
- Medical marketing agencies
- Surgeons, clinicians & hospitals & the NHS
- Universities and not-for-profit organisations
- Book publishing
- Private companies and businesses
- Litigation solicitors (lawyers)
- Advertising and television
Why people use our medical illustrations
Medical illustration and medical visuals have a definitive purpose to aid the communication and education of complex medical content and to convey important concepts. Through the application of art and our training in anatomy our goal is to enable clients to come to us with a written brief and work with them to produce illustrations, drawings, animations in order to enhance, promote, educate any type of medical communication or advertising needs to targeted audiences.
We do what we do because it fulfils these following industry needs:
- For gaining patient consent before surgery
- Visuals as courtroom aids for litigation purposes
- Visuals for anatomy teaching and education
- General anatomical study and learning
- To advertise medical, health, science products and consumables
- Explanation of surgical procedures
- For rehab for patient education/demonstration of procedures
- Sports medicine and chiropractic medicine
- Patient education visuals such as how to take medication, learn about flu symptoms
- Medical illustrations to enhance medical and scientific written documentation
- Medical illustrations to be used in anatomy and science publishing
- Medical illustrations showing anatomy and dissection
- Medical illustrations to supersede photography to show hidden anatomy beneath the skin
- Creation of medical devices visuals for promotion before they have been manufactured using CAD files
- Explanation of medical procedures to solve cultural and language restraints because they are pictures and not words
- Improvement of patient and consumer engagement through the provision of medical illustrations, graphics and animations
- Provide a method to communicate complex medical or scientific data in an easy to understand format
- Provide a method of communication that can target a range of audiences from young to old, with those with no prior medical knowledge to those with expert knowledge
- 3D virtual reality animations providing an immersive level of patient engagement such as video, augmented reality
How we work
As a medical illustration team we work on a huge variety of projects. On all projects it is properly planned starting with the requirements gathering phase, using our project scoping questionnaire to gather key information.
We write detailed proposals and quotations and carry out project planning to ensure we can meet delivery times and when its a pressing deadline that are on time and on budget.
As medical artists we always create the medical illustrations as drawn from scratch drafts and storyboards. Starting as pencil sketches so that they can be tailored and unique to each project and importantly the communication message. We do this by referring to the clients brief to ensure the medical visuals meet the individual project requirements.
Over the years our bank of existing illustrations has grown so we can supply medical illustrations for immediate licensing or we can adapt existing medical illustrations if possible to suit a clients brief to meet those tight deadlines and budgets. We can also mix and match and use some custom medical illustrations along with stock imagery.
Our process is we make full use of our fully equipped medical illustration studio providing the technical backup for each project, with secure servers for saving patient files and high resolution scanning and printing equipment. We have a library of reference and research material with anatomical models that we can refer to.
We are about providing high end visual delivery along-side quality customer service. We are well prepared to keep up with the fast moving developments in technology so we can meet ever evolving customer needs. We pride ourselves in being able to take ‘any client brief’ and find a clever solution to deliver fantastic visual results, on time and on budget.